Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day Seven: A month of poetry for Brighid

Keep the Fire

Chorus:
Love and Laughter, pain and sorrow
Still we keep the fire
Through the night till it be morrow
Watch the flames burn higher.

Verse:
Out of darkness she is rising
Each day with a brighter flame
I cry out in exultation
In my Lady’s name.

::Chorus::

Over land and over water
She does cast her mantle bright
Bringing morning to each nation
Pushing back the night.

::Chorus::

Breo-saighit! Fiery Arrow!
Bhrati the exalted one!
In my blood and in my marrow
Feel I sparks of sun.

::Chorus::

With each falling of your hammer
My quintessence springs alive
Placed upon you anvil I will
Gleam if I survive.

::Chorus::

Lady Brighid please transform me,
I will never be the same;
In my head and heart be always
Your eternal flame.

::Chorus::

No comments:

Post a Comment